10K Aid Stations
- Aid Stations will begin after mile #2. Additional aid stations will be located approximately 1 to 2 miles apart on the course.
- Water and Gatorade will be available at each aid station along the course.
- Water will be available at the Start Line Finish Line will have Water, Gatorade, Bananas, Cola, Etc.
- Medical personnel will also be present at several stations, start line, and finish area. The City of San Juan and HIMA Hospital Medical Emergencies team will make sure runners are provided with top-notch first-aid care.
- Three (3) Port-o-let toilets will be located at each aid station as well as large banks of toilets at the start and finish line.
10K Course Time Limit Policy
Due to city permits, the course roads will reopen in a graduated manner. For this reason, we advise that participants be prepared and trained to complete the 10K distance (6.2 miles) within 1hr 40 mins (~16 min/mile pace). Medals and official finish times will be given to all finishers who complete the race within 1hr 40 mins.
10K Cut-Off Policy Summary
- 1hr 40 mins (~16 min/mile pace) for the course
- The cut-off times are based on chip time, not gun time, to compensate for the extra time it takes the “start corrals” to pass through the start line.
- The cut-off times are based on industry benchmarks, most races throughout the US adhere by these policies.
- OPEN to Ages 16-65+ (Male and Female)
If you were one of the top three OVERALL finishers for the 10K, please complete the Awards Form. We will mail your OVERALL Top 3 Finisher Award or you can pick it up. **Please note that course records, prize money and awards will be determined according to Gun time (not 10K B-tag Time). Custom designed medals will be awarded to the OVERALL Top 3 Finishers (Male / Female) for the 10K.
2016 Prize Structure:
- If you think you may be a contender for an overall award/prize then we suggest you cross the start line timing pad as soon as possible.
- Cash prize awards, 1st Overall Finishers (Male / Female), will be scored and determined based on Gun time (not 10K B-tag Time).
- Again, please make note that GUN TIME is used to determine all cash prizes.
- Click here for prize purse information
Puerto Rico Half Marathon® & 10K Timing and Scoring:
- The Puerto Rico Half Marathon® & 10K uses the MyLaps B-tag timing system.
- All participants will receive a MyLaps B-tag timing system on their Race Bib when they receive their packet at the Official Puerto Rico Half Marathon & 10K Expo.
- NO B-tag on Race Bib, NO time.
Due to the nature of the course and it’s level of difficulty for wheelchair participants, the Push-Rim Wheelchair & Hand-Cycle categories will not be available.
The Puerto Rico Half Marathon® & 10K is an USAT&F certified course. For detailed course information, please visit our Course Page.
Stay tuned, more info coming soon…