Half Marathon Aid Stations
- Aid Stations will begin after mile # 2. Additional aid stations will be located approximately 1 to 2 miles apart on the course.
- Water and Gatorade will be available at each aid station along the course.
- Water will be available at the Start Line Finish Line will have Water, Gatorade, Bananas, Cola, Etc.
- Medical personnel will also be present at several stations, start line, and finish area. The City of San Juan and HIMA Hospitals Medical Emergencies team will make sure runners are provided with top-notch first-aid care.
- Three (3) Port-o-let toilets will be located at each aid station as well as large banks of toilets at the start and finish line.
Half Marathon Course Time Limit Policy
Due to city permits, the course roads will reopen in a graduated manner. For this reason, we advise that participants be prepared and trained to complete the half marathon distance (13.1 miles) within 3.5 hours (~16 min/mile pace). Medals and official finish times will be given to all finishers who complete the race within 3.5 hours.
Half Marathon Cut-Off Policy Summary
- 3.5 hours (~16 min/mile pace) for the course
- The cut-off times are based on chip time, not gun time, to compensate for the extra time it takes the “start corrals” to pass through the start line.
- The cut-off times are based on industry benchmarks, most races throughout the US adhere by these policies.
Half Marathon Age Categories
- Ages 16-19 (Male and Female)
- Ages 20-24 (Male and Female)
- Ages 25-29 (Male and Female)
- Ages 30-34 (Male and Female)
- Ages 35-39 (Male and Female)
- Ages 40-44 (Male and Female)
- Ages 45-49 (Male and Female)
- Ages 50-54 (Male and Female)
- Ages 55-59 (Male and Female)
- Ages 60-64 (Male and Female)
- Ages 65+ (Male and Female)
Age Group Awards:
If you were one of the top three finishers in your age group category for the Half Marathon, please complete the Awards Form. We will mail your age group award or you can pick it up. **Please note that all age awards are based on B-Tag time, NOT gun time. However, course records and prize money will be determined according to gun time. Custom designed medals will be awarded 3 deep in each division for the Half Marathon.
2017 Prize Structure:
- Overall cash winners are not eligible for age division awards. If you think you may be a contender for an overall cash award then we suggest you cross the start line timing pad as soon as possible.
- Age division awards will be scored and determined based on Marathon Chip Time NOT Gun time.
- Again, please make note that GUN TIME is used to determine all cash prizes.
- Click here for prize purse information
Puerto Rico Half Marathon Timing and Scoring:
- The Puerto Rico Marathon uses the MyLaps B-tag timing system.
- All participants will receive a MyLaps B-tag timing system on their Race Bib when they receive their packet at the Official Puerto Rico Half Marathon & 10K Expo.
- NO B-tag on Race Bib, NO time.
Due to the nature of the course and it’s level of difficulty for wheelchair participants, the Push-Rim Wheelchair & Hand-Cycle categories will not be available.
The Puerto Rico Half Marathon® is an USAT&F certified course. For detailed course information, please visit our Half Marathon Course Page.
Stay tuned, more info coming soon…