Dear 2012 ING New York City Marathoner:
At 12:00 noon Eastern Standard Time on Friday, January 11, we will be opening the Online Marathon Resolution Option System (the “Online System”) . As an entrant in the 2012 ING New York City Marathon, you will have the opportunity to use the Online System to select one of three options:
- Option #1 – Refund. A full refund of your 2012 Marathon entry fee (excluding the $11 processing fee); OR
- Option #2 – Guaranteed entry to the ING New York City Marathon for 2013, 2014, or 2015. Entrants will be required to pay all processing and entry fees at the time of application for the year selected, with such fees being maintained at the same rate as those paid in 2012; OR
- Option #3 – Guaranteed entry to the NYC Half 2013. Entrants will be required to pay all processing and entry fees at the time of application. Availability is limited to 1,000 entrants; requests will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
These options are subject to the Terms & Conditions. Please read carefully before making your selection. Once you submit your selection in the Online System, you cannot make any changes.
The Online System will remain open until Friday, January 25, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. EST. You must make your selection by that deadline, as no selections can be made after the Online System closes. Any 2012 entrant not completing the selection process will not be entitled to receive a refund of 2012 entry fees or guaranteed entry into the 2013 (or later) ING New York City Marathon based on the cancellation of the 2012 Marathon.
In order to make your option selection using the Online System, you will need the username and password that you used when you applied to the 2012 Marathon. Access to the Online System will open at 12:00 noon EST on January 11, 2013. If you need assistance with your username and password, please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org.
After selecting your option, you will be asked to confirm that you have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions, including the Waiver/Release. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once you have completed the selection process.
For those choosing a refund, reimbursement will be made to your credit card or by check depending on the original form of payment at the time of application. Refunds will take approximately four to six weeks.
Please note, that your choice of a guaranteed entry for a future ING New York City Marathon or the NYC Half 2013 is not an official registration for that race. You will be sent a follow-up communication outlining the steps required to complete the official registration process.
Finally, if you also purchased a product/ticket for one or more of the other 2012 Marathon Week activities listed below, you will be sent a separate communication outlining the reimbursement details specific to those items.
- Marathon Eve Dinner
- Blue Line Lounge Presented by Tata Consultancy Services
- Marathon Grandstand Seating
- Marathon in a Motorcoach
- Bus to Start (purchased at Expo)
- TrackMyRunnersTM via TXT
Our process of accepting runners to the 2013, 2014, and 2015 ING New York City Marathon will begin with you, our 2012 Marathoners. If you have any additional questions, please e-mail us email@example.com.
Thank you again for your patience during these past weeks. We look forward to a future filled with many great runs!